Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Dianne's always cooking up something new



The boat galley-style kitchen in my condo makes a kitchenalia collection out of the question for me unless I dangle everything from the ceiling! I do have a wonderful little enamel saucepan my mom left me, a 1950s apron from my aunt, and a couple of cast iron skillets I bought from Susantiques, a dealer in Aloha, OR, but that's pretty much the extent of my collecting.

Still, I love reading and learning about gadgets used in old-time kitchens, so I've found Dianne Zweig's Kitsch 'n Stuff blog irresistible. Plus, she provides valuable information links, so I can pursue topics and learn even more about them. Her current post is about, literally, sniffing out bargains and how to get rid of musty, funky odors in otherwise desirable items.

She has a website, too, at CDianneZweig.com and a collection of choice finds at the Collinsville Antiques Company in New Hartford. She writes books on collectibles, such as her latest, the second edition of "Hot Kitchen and Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Beyond." And she edits Iantiqueonline.com, the antique dealers' and collectors' social network.

So if you're intrigued with anything about kitchens, you've got to get acquainted with Dianne!

No comments: