Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Brimfield: the pickings don't get any better than this

Ever since I first heard about Brimfield, the giant flea market/picker's paradise held every year in Brimfield, Massachusetts, I've had a craving to go see it for myself. It's so big, it's held in three separate sessions during the summer.

One look at the determined look on the faces of
these opening-day Brimfield fans, and you just want
to step aside and avoid being trampled! Photo: Collector's Weekly

Collector's Weekly just published an article, "Forget the TV Pickers, Meet the Real Mavericks of the Antiques World" about Brimfield and the gritty life of the professional antiques dealer that's a must-read for anyone who wants to go (like me) or just wants deep background about this phenomenal show. 

The article also profiles writer Maureen Stanton and her new book about Brimfield, "Killer Stuff and Tons of Money." Parade Magazine calls it “An intoxicating read that rips away the lace curtain from the antiques biz.”
And, by the way, if you're already dreaming, like me, of making it to one of next year's shows, here are the dates: May 14-19, July 9-14 and September 3-8. Maybe I'll see you there!

1 comment:

Carol said...

I am already dreaming of next years show. We travel from Texas to the show each May for a girls week of fun and junking. We save all year for the trip. I can't wait.

Smiles,

Carol